Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi again,

Have updated the ticket, it is for Grid (the feature lives in Grid, but can be used in Scheduler and up too).

Regarding 1, if you move Chef 8 to the top of New York, unfortunately reapplying the sorters would move it back to the bottom again. Since it is the same sorting logic being reapplied, the result will be the same as initially. I tried this on your code from the first post:

features : {
        rowReorder : {
            listeners : {
                gridRowDrop() {
                    grid.store.sort(['surName', 'city']);
                }
            }
        }

And as suspected it renders reordering "useless".

I think allowing merge of cells in unsorted columns would be the best fit for both of your scenarios. If that is something that you need urgently for your app, I recommend reaching out to our Professional Services regarding a feature sponsorship (https://bryntum.com/services)

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by thejas.pateel »

I am also facing the same issue and awaiting resolution of the same, please do the needful

Post by anuradha.gopal »

Hi Johan,
Cell-merge and row-reorder are 2 features of the Grid. They are expected to work individually as well as when combined together. If they don't work as expected when combined, we believe it is fair to say that it is a defect which must be fixed and should not be considered as a feature request.

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

Have discussed with the team and we aim to have this fixed / added for version 5.5. Way too early to say when that will be release, but hopefully before the summer.

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson