Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by mitchstarkparadigm »

Hi all!

I'm doing some exploratory work to see if the React Bryntum Grid component can solve our product's use case. One piece of functionality that our business would really like to have is a button that is available when our grid is grouped by a specific column. I've seen how it's possible to create my own custom function that returns HTML using the "groupRenderer" function, but our application seems to throw an error when I try to return JSX. I'm not sure that it will be helpful, but here is the specific error that I'm seeing:

Uncaught TypeError: h is not a function
    at DomSync.syncChildren (grid.module.js:10:1)
    at DomSync.performSync (grid.module.js:10:1)
    at DomSync.sync (grid.module.js:10:1)
    at Object.buildGroupHeader (grid.module.js:28:1)
    at Object.renderCell (grid.module.js:28:1)
    at Object.trigger (grid.module.js:10:1)
    at Object.renderCell (grid.module.js:28:1)
    at Object.render (grid.module.js:28:1)
    at Object.renderFromRow (grid.module.js:53:1)
    at Object.renderFromRow (grid.module.js:53:1)

Has anyone else run into this problem before? I'm assuming JSX just isn't supported as a valid return type for this function, so has anyone built a workaround for this? I could probably find a way to attach event listeners using vanilla JS selectors, but I'd have a few concerns around React re-rendering the DOM nodes (thus causing issues with the listeners).

Thanks in advance!

Post by fabio.mazza »

Hi mitchstarkparadigm,
unfortunately, for the moment JSX is not supported as return type in groupRenderer fn. We open a ticket here https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/6767.
However, you could return a DomConfig object instead. It is also more performant. More details here https://bryntum.com/products/scheduler/docs/api/Core/helper/DomHelper#typedef-DomConfig

Best regards,
Fabio

Post by mitchstarkparadigm »

Got it. Thanks for the info, Fabio!