Post by manou »

Yes, it's auto-scheduled, is there a way to disable shifting ? it's confusing for users.
Thanks

Post by Terence »

It should be set to manually scheduled if you want to have it correspond with the native project task views. The Gantt View Pro has a scheduling engine shifting the tasks to their logical position corresponding to their constraints and dependencies. The native task form will not shift the dates, that is why you see the difference.

You can set it to manually scheduled by switching auto scheduling off in the setting panel (or in project settings on project level)

Post by manou »

Yes, it's auto-scheduled, is there a way to disable shifting?

Post by manou »

Yes it is auto scheduled, is there a way to disable shifting without having make it manually scheduled ?

Post by mats »

Why can't you make tasks manuallyScheduled?

Post by manou »

We want to be able to simply replan all the task/project if the project start is delayed for example or if one task took more time than expected.
If we make tasks manually scheduled, we have to move every future tasks manually.

Post by manou »

I think that the problem may come from th fields "Constraint type " and Constraint date, Here the steps to get the error :
1 - I created a new project with auto scheduling option.
2 - I added the task from gantt view ==> Dates are the same in form view and gantt view + Constraint fields are empty.
3 - from Gannt view i moved the first task + (start date + 5 days)
4 - I went back to the form view ==> The start date is different from gantt view + constraint fields are filled with constraint date = start date + 1.
I did the same test in your online demo server, the constraint date = start date (OK)
We are using v15 community & Gantt 2.0.7

Post by mats »

So you cannot reproduce it in our online demo? Then it's probably something on your end I'm afraid.

Post by manou »

I tested in new database with only GANTT module installed and i can reproduce it,
I can't reproduce it in your demo database because it's a different version of Odoo (v16 Enterprise edition)
We are using Odoo v15 community edition.
in the attached screenshot : the fields (Constraint Type and Constraint Date) are automatically filled.
How I reproduced the error
Create a project with Auto scheduling activated
Create tasks with dependencies (2 parent tasks with two sub-tasks for example)
In the Gantt view : Change the "PROJECT START" = Current date + 1 day
In the Gantt view : Change the "PROJECT START" = Current date + 1 day
The constraint field on the first task are filled

Attachments
gant.png
gant.png (20.78 KiB) Viewed 621 times

Post by mats »

We'd recommend you to upgrade, we don't offer bugfixes on older Odoo versions I'm afraid.