Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by rhotuka »

Hello,

When in month view and clicking on dates from other months (end of previous or beginning of next), the selection highlight in the sidebar DatePicker does not reflect the selection. Clicking these dates from the DatePicker itself jumps to the proper month, but I want to highlight the date inside the DatePicker within the current month's view when clicking in the main Calendar. Is this possible? I have attached an animation of what I mean.

OtherMonthSelection.gif
OtherMonthSelection.gif (361.25 KiB) Viewed 273 times

Post by Animal »

You mean you want to navigate to September when you click on September the 27th?

Post by rhotuka »

Using the animation as a reference, I want the '27' on the small calendar on the left sidebar to get a blue circle when I click the box for Sept 27th in the main calendar (within the October page). This happens when you select days within the current month but I want it to work for the days that show up from the months before/after without navigating to the page for that month.

Post by Animal »

But selecting the 27th of September will move the MonthView to look at September. That's what happens when you click on it.

What exactly would be the significance of seeing a blue circle appear on the cell for the 27th? What application or user interaction are you wanting to facilitate?

Post by rhotuka »

The MonthView moves to look at September when you click on 27 in the small calendar on the left sidebar but nothing happens when you click within the 27th box (not on the 27 itself) on the main calendar on the right as demonstrated in the picture. I want the blue circle to appear on the left calendar when clicking on the right calendar so that it is evident which date is most recently selected, the way it currently works for the 10/4 and 10/11 in the animation. I am not trying to change the functionality to move the MonthView when clicking on the dates on the sidebar nor am I trying to change jumping to the Day view when clicking on the actual date number on the main calendar.

Post by Animal »

When the datepicker has as it's selected date, the 27th of September, then the Calendar has that as its date. That is the purpose of the datepicker. To control around which date the calendar view is orientated. So if orientated around the 27th of September, the current active view will move so that it encapsulates that date.

The current view cannot not encapsulate the selected date. It would just present an incorrect UI.

You can listen for the scheduleClick event and perform whatever actions you see fit for your own application on that event.