Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by pdesai »

Hello,

We are using the Bryntum Scheduler Pro integrated within a WiseJ (C#) application. We have mostly all of the features we need from Bryntum implemented however we are having issues with dependencies specifically when an event is clicked, and dependencies are shown and we scroll to the dependent event and we click on that, we are getting null errors in the console and the scheduler pro stops working from that point.

While it is hard for us to attach a working project, I will share a few code snippets and a video which I hope is sufficient for the Bryntum team to take a look at.

Here is a link to the video demonstration of the issue:
https://amtechsoftware-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/p/pdesai/Eellov5THUJEohdEpm7K-D8Bw4gevGq_bYSWwhs_1t3KVQ?e=JU6dRK

I look forward to your guidance.

Attachments
SchedulerProConfig.txt
Configuration of the Scheduler Pro control.
(3.8 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
DependencyLogicJS.txt
JavaScript functions to handle the dependency show/hide.
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi, I was trying to replicate this issue in our examples. I used "dependencies" demo as a base, changed data to have 2 event away from each other, scrolled to 2nd event and added dependency on eventselectionchange as in your code.
Changes I did

listeners : {
        eventSelectionChange({ action }) {
            if (action === 'select') {
                scheduler.dependencyStore.add({
                    "id"        : 1,
                    "fromEvent" : 1,
                    "toEvent"   : 2,
                    "lag"       : 35,
                    "lagUnit"   : "day",
                    "active": false
                  })
            }
        }
    },

In data.json I removed first entity in dependenies array and added new startDate for event with id=2

{
        "id"           : 2,
        "name"         : "Unload",
        "startDate"    : "2020-04-23T03:00",

"duration"     : 3,
    "durationUnit" : "hour",
    "iconCls"      : "b-fa b-fa-snowplow",
    "eventColor"   : "orange"
  },

I see no errors.
We need more details to reproduce that.
What version of the SchedulerPro you use? Please try to reproduce this with latest released version.
Sharing a part of data with events dates might be also useful here.

Thanks!

All the best,
Alex

Post by pdesai »

Thank you Alex. The issue seemed to be having 0 as the lag and lagUnit being "day". In addition, we had configurations for showSuccessors, and showPredecessors. This was contributing to the highlighting issues perhaps? Since the outgoingDeps error was happening around the highlighting code.

Seems to be solved for now.

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

I tried to reproduce with lag=0 and lagUnit=day, but it still working well in our demo. If you'll have opportunity, it would be great to get a test case that we can use to reproduce the issue and open a ticket.
Glad to hear you are unblocked.

All the best,
Alex