Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by mz_pulsen »

Hey there,

I'm facing a strange issue with the scheduler - it's throwing a ResizeObserver loop error at me. The tricky part is, there are no error messages in the console to give me any clues.

I'm wondering if I need to arrange up the Bryntum scheduler in a particular way because I am doing it with flexbox on my website.

To make it easier to understand, I've made a short video showing the problem. Please take a look and let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix it.

2023-08-22 14-31-36.mp4
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 101 times

I'm currently using the latest version of the @bryntum/schedulerpro package, which is 5.5.1.
I really appreciate any help or suggestions you can provide.

Thanks in advance!

Post by marcio »

Hey mz_pulsen,

Are you able to replicate that behavior on one of our demos?

If not, could you share a sample project like the one that you're showing on the video for us to check/debug?

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by mz_pulsen »

I'm on the lookout for some best practices or things to keep in mind regarding this issue. I've gone through several related topics, but I haven't found any specific solutions.

I did find a similar topic, but it doesn't seem to have a clear solution: viewtopic.php?t=25209&hilit=ResizeObserver

If you don't have any immediate ideas to help me troubleshoot this, I'll revisit this topic when the issue becomes a higher priority. Thank you!

Post by marcio »

Hey mz_pulsen,

As we don't have a test case (in the other post as well) or a demo where the issue is reproducible, it's difficult to reproduce and provide a clear solution for you.

Currently, I'm out of ideas about that, but please when you have some time and you're able to assemble a sample project, that would help us a lot to check that.

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by mz_pulsen »

Welcome back, Marcio.

I've successfully replicated the issue with ResizeObserver. I attempted to disable eventResizeFeature using the following configuration:

eventResizeFeature: {
    disabled: true
},

Even disabled the "b-sch-event-resizable-true" class name is still present on the event, indicating that this feature remains enabled. To resolve this, you can set the property to false like this:

eventResizeFeature: false,

When set to false, the CSS property associated with resizing won't be present, and the library won't produce any resizing errors. This issue can be observed in the project located at "\schedulerpro-5.5.0\examples-scheduler\frameworks\react\typescript\drag-from-grid\src\containers." In my company's project, we're using version 5.5.1, and this fix also works there.

Could you consider creating a fix that either disables this feature as described in the first code snippet or throws an error to alert the user if they misconfigure the library?

Thank you in advance!

Post by marcio »

Hey,

Thanks for the report, I created a ticket to check/fix that https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/7373

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by kinetic »

Following this thread as we seem to have a user reporting the same (or very similar) issue.
Will post example if re-creatable.

Post by ghulam.ghous »

Hi Kinetic,

We will be waiting for the test case. You can upload the example on a new thread where you can reference this thread. Meanwhile you can subscribe to the ticket to keep track of updates.

Regards,
Ghous