Request new features or modifications

Post by guillaumeds »

Hello,

Is there a way to create a calendar view displaying more than 2 weeks at the same time? I've not been able to do so.

If this is not possible, would it be in the future?

Please find attached an example of what we would like to do ideally showing multiple quarters at the same time.

Attachments
Long schedule.png
Long schedule.png (127.14 KiB) Viewed 1963 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi there!

Is this demo is that you're looking for? https://bryntum.com/products/calendar/examples/calendar-scheduler/
Timeline is a Scheduler view (another product integrated into Calendar) that might have any headers and period you need.
Try to zoom out to see different zoom levels. Any of them might be used as initial.

All the best,
Alex

Post by alex.l »

I think I am wrong here. If you want to have time on the vertical axe, Scheduler is not an option. This is not supported now, but we plan to introduce it in next versions.

All the best,
Alex

Post by alex.l »

Here is a link for a ticket to track the status https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/7357
You can subscribe on ticket updates to be notified when it's done.

All the best,
Alex

Post by guillaumeds »

I don't think the scheduler would work in our case. We already use the calendar view with the Day/Week/2Weeks views.

What we had in mind was to have the Month/Year view shown in the same way as the smaller Day/Week view. So still have the time vertically, and the day horizontally and have probably a long horizontal scroll to go through all the weeks.

The Github link seems to refer to having a custom duration for the month view while what we would like is more of a custom duration (up to multiple months) for the week view of the calendar.

Regards,

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

Thanks for noting that. I've asked the developer who is working on the ticket to make sure if it planned to be implemented too. We will create a new one, if no. I will keep you updated!

All the best,
Alex

Post by Animal »

guillaumeds wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:46 pm

what we would like is more of a custom duration (up to multiple months) for the week view of the calendar.

Regards,

Why didn’t you just say so? This has been asked and answered before.

A DayView may be configured to cover any range you want.

You mention two weeks. Just add one with range : ‘2w’, and a minDayWidth so that it doesn’t try to fit them all in, but instead scrolls.

Post by Animal »