Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by ayp »

Hi. I see there likely was a bit similar issue some time ago - https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/6411

I have a few pages in the app, let's say /schedule and /about pages. The navigation is done without page reload.
Case 1. When I open the /schedule page - everything is fine.
Case 2. When I initially open the /about page and then got to the /schedule page (without page reload) - everything is fine as the SchedulerPro is rendered for the first time.
Case 3. When I open /schedule page, then go to the /about page and then go again to the /schedule page - the dependencies are not shown (both "arrows" and items inside successors/predecessors tabs). At the same time, the rest items seem to be fine - I mean the events are rendered properly but without arrows, so I need to reload the page to make everything work again.

I believe the minimal example would be something like this:

const App = () => {
  const [page, setPage] = useState('schedule');
  if (page == 'schedule') {
    return (
      <div>
        <button onClick={() => setPage('about')}>go to about page</button>
        <BryntumSchedulerPro {...schedulerConfig} />
      </div>
    ) else if (page == 'about') {
    return (
      <div>
        <button onClick={() => setPage('schedule')}>go to schedule page</button>
      </div>
    )
  }
}

Post by ayp »

Is there some hot fix for this? Is there a way to force Scheduler to re-render dependencies? Or maybe I should try something to not unmount the Scheduler component?

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Would it be possible for you to upload a runnable test case so we can reproduce and debug it?

msedge_PNdxJBxe2N.gif
msedge_PNdxJBxe2N.gif (1.52 MiB) Viewed 77 times