Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by vasyl obukh »

Hi,
Could you please give some advice on the functionality we want to achieve?

We want to have special resources that are not real resources, more like virtual ones. These resources are like placeholders or resource group resources for real resources. For example, a user wants to assign a resource with certain skills to a task, and at that point, only skills matter, not who should do that task. So the user can select one of these virtual resources and later it can be replaced with a real person once the work on the task starts. This way, the project would be scheduled without specifying who will work on what task, it would only say that e.g. any QA works on this task and any developer works on this task.
All this data needs to be displayed in ResourceHistogram.

In order to achieve something like it currently we see 2 options:

1. Make capacity for virtual resources as 0. I tried to set up a calendar for such resources without any working interval, but this gave me an error '"Virtual resource" calendar does not provide any working time intervals'. So then I tried to create the smallest interval with 1 minute:
    {
                "id"        : "virtual",
                "name"      : "Virtual resource",
                "intervals" : [
                  {
                    "recurrentStartDate" : "at 08:01",
                    "recurrentEndDate"   : "at 08:00",
                    "isWorking"          : false
                  }
                ]
              }

In such case, there's no data in the resource histogram for this resource, not even the red bar
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.07.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.07.45 PM.png (332.29 KiB) Viewed 93 times
    Only if I enable "ignore resource calendar" for that task then it shows the red bar
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.54.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.54.27 PM.png (349.07 KiB) Viewed 93 times
    But we can't just ignore resources calendars for any task that has such a virtual resource assigned to it as real resources could be assigned at the same time and it wouldn't display data correctly for those real resources.
  2. Make infinite capacity for virtual resources. As I understand, resources could have a maximum of 24 hours per day as a capacity. If we would go a route to have these virtual resources with infinite capacity is there even a way to do it?

I guess, the main question is if such functionality could even be possible to achieve with Bryntum components. And if yes (obviously, even in the best case it would require some tweaks), could you please give some advice on what documentation pages or examples to look at or any other advice on were to start?

Post by alex.l »

Hi there,

Kind of this functionality will be released in 5.6.9 in next days/weeks within fix of this ticket https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/833

We've introduced a new field maxUnits for ResourceModel that will allow to use resources as a "group". Here is a note from docs:

* A maximum units "capacity" for this resource, in percents. Corresponds to SchedulerPro.model.AssignmentModel#fields-units field.
* Default value is 100%. If the sum of all "units" of all assignments of a resource for a certain period exceeds
* this value, such resource is marked as "over-allocated" in the resource histogram.
* You should increase this field's value, if it is normal for the resource to have more than 100% allocation.
* This is for example if resource actually represents a team from several people.

All the best,
Alex