Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by alex.l »

Try to deactivate dependency and see on your local environment. You can double click on dependency to get edit dialog.

All the best,
Alex

Post by rodel.ocfemia »

Hi,
Can't reproduce the issue in our local because we don't have the customer data in our local. These red dependency lines happens in customer portal only. So if these css looks familiar to you, please let me know. Thanks

.b-sch-foreground-canvas > svg .b-sch-dependency.b-inactive {
    stroke: red !important;
    stroke-dasharray: none !important;
}

Post by ghulam.ghous »

Hi Rodel,

Same here, I have tried this code in our example and set the dependency to inactive, but the color of the dependency didn't change. Are you able to find some other css similar to this, somewhere else? Because there has to be something in the code that is causing this. And unfortunately we cannot help you with this because it is something that has been done on your side, not offered by Bryntum. We maybe be able to assist you if we have something where we can reproduce this issue.

Regards,
Ghous
Ghous

Post by rodel.ocfemia »

Hi Ghous,
I spoke with the original developer of dependency feature. She said those red lines are inconsistent start/end dates. Unfortunately, she already left the project and it's been a year since we developed this feature. If you have other details about this inconsistent start/end dates, please share also with me.

Thanks

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

You simply need to learn your code. It's definitely custom code you added, try to remove that CSS, see what's happened. Learn DOM, find what rules applies style, find the code that manage that. I have not idea how to help here better, than you, if you have all the info.

All the best,
Alex

Post by rodel.ocfemia »

I know DOM, I have been building websites for years.
What I am asking is what this piece of css code does, because it's definitely bryntum code. That's my only question.

.b-sch-foreground-canvas > svg .b-sch-dependency.b-inactive {
  stroke: red !important;
  stroke-dasharray: none !important;
}

As you can see from the screenshot below, this is bryntum code. Someone from our team just overrides it.

b-sch-foreground-canvas.PNG
b-sch-foreground-canvas.PNG (124.24 KiB) Viewed 102 times

Anyway, if you can't answer exactly what is the purpose if this css code, then I will just manually explore it.

Thanks

Post by rodel.ocfemia »

alex.l wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:40 am

Hi,

We do not have any logic to mark dependencies as red, except Critical Paths feature https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/api/Gantt/feature/CriticalPaths
which is not relevant to any cycles and conflict resolution. In fact, we do not allow to continue in case of cycled dependency or any other conflicts, until user fixed it, because any further calculations are not possible.
Your case looks very strange on a first sight, we need a test case to reproduce this behaviour.

Thanks!

I tried to search all forums, then I found this topic. This looks like a custom logic for the dependency lines.
viewtopic.php?p=107502&hilit=b+sch+foreground+canvas#p107502

Post by alex.l »

What I am asking is what this piece of css code does, because it's definitely bryntum code.

I don't see this code in our code base. Could you pls make sure it's persisted in the CSS you downloaded from Customer Zone?

I know DOM, I have been building websites for years.

Sorry for misunderstanding. I meant learn DOM tree of the current website to see how it works, find styles that applies that effect and find who manage that. I am not able to do that because I don't have this problem and your code base.

All the best,
Alex